Sulking fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NekoOo

Aquarium Advice Activist
I may be over worrying, but I'd still like a little advice to calm me or totally freak me out even more. Here goes...

I have a school of 9 Scissortail rasboras, 2 Australian rainbowfish, 2 angelfish, and a 4inch common pleco in a 55gal. (will be rehoming the pleco when i find a suitable home). The tank is fairly new, about two months old, and is fully cycled.

Last night before bed, and this morning I noticed the rasboras and the rainbowfish sulking in one corner of the tank looking pale (stress?). This morning I did a 25-30% pwc and thy still seem to be sulking. The Angels have been picking at my fake plants lately so I'm not sure whether they're hiding or just entertaining themselves, and they still come rushing up to me when they see me near the tank. Everybody ate breakfast this morning just fine, but still sulking and pale.

I checked my parameters after the pwc:
Ammonia 0
Nitrite 0
Nitrate 10-20
Ph 8.0

My parameters seem okay although the Nitrates may be a tad high? I do 25-30% pwc every other day without fail and only feed a small portion once a day and fast on Sunday's. They eat O.S.I. Vivid color flakes, blood worms as a treat (freeze dried :( ), and mushed peas. I have yet to lose a single fish since starting up this tank and I'd like to keep it that way, but their sulking has me sooo worried.

Is there anything I can do other than wait to see if they perk up on their own? I just don't know how to fix the problem if I cannot see one!

Well they have perked up and regained color. I suspect my trates may have been around 40 before the pwc but after letting the clean water circulate the fish seem much better.

Back
Top Bottom