Sunken belly Zebra Danio

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mkat

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi,

In the last couple of days I have noticed one of the 2 zebra danios has a sunken belly and a slightly upturned tail. I have taken a picture, I was wondering if anyone knew what the problem could be. The other fish look fine but the algae eater did die yesterday but he did not look like this at all.

Thanks.
RlPGnKy.jpg

I forgot to mention, he does spend more time alone near the top than the other fish other than chasing like normal but he seems to be swimming like he's ok and if i drop food he goes right to it and eats it.

I had one of my cardinal tetras who was breathing a bit quicker than normal and his color was just a touch off. His belly was a little sunk in too but not at bad as your fish.

All i did was keep up with alot of water changes and feed peas twice a week. he is fine now.

never found out what it was.

Thanks philipraposo198,

What I have done is move him to his own 3 gallon tank half new conditioned water and half water from the 10 gallon. I put a little aquarium salt in there and in the 10 gallon. I put melafix in both tanks and I have been changing about %75 of his water every day and putting in water from the 10 gallon to replace that 75% and adding a little more melafix. I fed him a pea I didn't know what kind so i used one out of a can but I will buy frozen ones for next time. He seemed to grab onto it(I mushed it a bit) but I don't know if he actually ate it, I left it in overnight. I will feed him a pea in a couple days.

No other fish look sick at all and the zebra danio seems to look better. I'm not sure if it is a sunken stomach and/or a bump as well? Anyways the sunken in part looks a little less sunken in now so hopefully he will recover and no one else will get sick.

Back
Top Bottom