Surprise fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Frogmeister

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hello, I recently purchased a small freshwater setup and was moving around the bogwood when a fish suddenly appeared from the sand and darted back in. Could you please ID the fish for me as I was sold the tank as being empty and have little experience with freshwater. Thanks

Attachments

• image-3012841527.jpg
    image-3012841527.jpg
    199.5 KB · Views: 96
He looks like a siamese algae eater but the coloring is different from the ones that I had over 20 years ago.

Wow when you bought the tank did it have water in it? If so how big is the tank...that would be a pain to move! And that's awesome that guy survived it. He probably hasn't had much to eat in a while. Feed him some sinking pellets :)

Just found another one in there too. Thanks for your help, I'll take them to my LFS tomorrow and see if they'll take them. The tank is only 10gal as I'm going to use to breed snails and shrimp as food for my marine puffers. Thanks again.

Frogmeister said:
Just found another one in there too. Thanks for your help, I'll take them to my LFS tomorrow and see if they'll take them. The tank is only 10gal as I'm going to use to breed snails and shrimp as food for my marine puffers. Thanks again.

Man your lucky, I wish my tanks came with fish included! lol :D

Back
Top Bottom