swim bladder not getting better

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shay1012

Aquarium Advice Regular
Well it's officially been a week now of fasting my Dalmatian Molly. He is in a bare bottom tank. Temp is 82° because our room runs hot. Water change has been 50% every other day and I've been dosing with salt too. Now I tried to give him as skinned boiled pea on the third day and He wasn't interested at all. I tried again today (day 7) and He still wasn't having it. As far as I can tell He hasn't pooped at all in the past week. What can I do? Am I doing something wrong? Guy

I am not sure. I had similar issues with all my roseline sharks. I was overfeeding. I cut back on their food. In about five days they were back to normal. I'm guessing yours has a blockage and may need medication. I would ask the professionals. Is it just one Molly?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I would feed him nothing but only de-shelled peas, at some point he will eat them. Have you seen him poop? Or any signs of him pooping?

That's what I've been doing for the past week. At first I thought it was because they sink and He floats so He couldn't get to the pea. But I tried hand feeding and He wasn't having that either.

Back
Top Bottom