Swordtails white pooh

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ginty

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi guys. My female swordtail has long white pooh.
I lost a bronze corydoras yesterday. I posted him on here but got replies so i couldnt save him as i didnt know what to do. I couldnt find out anything on the net either that could of been the problem.
He lost all his colour and ended up looking like a albino cory. Ive added a pic. i had him around 2 months and he was always that size.

Im just wondering whether the white pooh coming out of my swordtail is linked. Ive had the swordtail around 6months.

I have a 110litre tank with a fluval 206 filter.

I have 2 swordtails 3 platties 2 guppies 2 bronze corys and 2 peppered. I aim to get more corys but not until i get to the bottom of this.

My water is.

Ammonia. 0
Nitrite. 0
Nitrate.35
Ph. 8.0

Please recommend the safest meds that wont hurt my corys please. I hear medications can stress them out. And im in the uk so i cant get hold of some meds that you us member recommend.

Thanks in advance for your help. :)

Sent from my SM-G900F using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1434548620538.jpg
    1434548620538.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 73
Gonna go on a limb and say intestinal flagellates. Treat with parasite-D or metronidazole.

Caleb

Gonna go on a limb and say intestinal flagellates. Treat with parasite-D or metronidazole.

Caleb

Thanks for your reply.

Is that for the swordtail?

Any opinions on the cory?

It was in reference to whatever had the stringy poo. I'm not very good as diseases but I can read charts and make educated guesses :D

Where's bandit?? Always swooping in with the correct diagnosis.

Caleb

It was the swordtail with the stringey pooh. .
Thanks for your reply.

What charts do you read?

Stringy poo is a sign of either internal parasites, or bacteria. The metronidazole should take care of both, better if you give it to them in a small bath or in food and a bath.

Back
Top Bottom