Tail loss from jumping out?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's that spot at the top, you can see it on both sides

I can't get a pic of the other tail (the one who jumped out of the tank. ) ill keep trying.

Got it! Again you can mostly see it at the top. This one used to have a long tail like the other one before it dried out.

Attachments

• image-4161201402.jpg
    image-4161201402.jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 34
Thanks! The spots look just a bit too big to be ich. Your jumper's tail is actually not anywhere as bad as I thought it would be- this is good! How much salt is in the tank right now? How do your parameters look?

I put in 1/2 tbsp (in 5 gals) this morning. They are in a small tank until things improve. I change the water everyday because its not cycled.

Oh, up to today I had only water conditioner and fungus guard and changed all the water every day for 8 days.

Now just the cond and salt

The jumper's tail is definitely looking much better! I think it's been almost 2 weeks or more and it seems like it grew back a bit. It used to be covered in white. These last little spots haven't budged in like 5 days.

Ok, 1/2tbsp is approximately 1.5tsp. I want you to dissolve in a separate container of tank water (or a cup of tank water) enough salt to bring the level up to 2tsp per gallon. Remember, you already have 1.5tsp in the tank so subtract this from the total amount. So, for a 5g tank, you want to add 10tsp of salt minus the 1.5tsp, so this equates to 8.5tsp of salt to dissolve in some tank/conditioned water. Add the salt solution gradually over a 12-24hr period. I would continue meds for another week in addition to maintaining the salinity @.2% (or 2tsp/g). I do not see any signs of fungus but the fungus meds contain some antibiotics. Alternately, you can switch to a different med at this point (triple sulfa, tetracycline or maracyn2) if you have access to other meds. If you dont have access to other meds, just continue the fungus meds. Please ask if you have questions!!

Thanks, I will try this and let you know how it goes. When you say you don't see any signs of fungus, do you have any idea what the white dots might be? I have regular maracyn but I haven't used it. I will pick up one of the other mess you recommended tomorrow.

Lets just see how things go over the next week and see if theres any improvement or change. Keep up the good work with your water changes!!

Hey, are any of the meds you mentioned safe for beneficial bacteria? Leave the water colourless so I can test it?

Thanks again for all your help, it's incredibly kind :)

Any antibiotic can affect your good bacteria, some more so than others. Salt may as well. If you have enough of the med you have right now, just continue treament along with the salt and the water changes.

Back
Top Bottom