Tailless goldfish baby

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dkscheip

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Couple months ago an adult goldfish ate his tail off mi put this little guy in his own tank and figured if he lived it would be AWSOME. Well he's lived and it's healing nicely and new scales are growing back. My question is he stay nose down all the time. He has learned to swim and I use weekend feeders for him to eat. Ok has he been damaged to point he will never be normal? At one point I thought he was getting lot better he was moving more going to top and blowing bubbles like a betta would. He would just go to top and hang out nose out of water. Now he seems depressed agin ? What would I do ? I don't want to give up on him but I do want him to be happy as any fish could be.

Sorry was trying to post a pic but keep getting this attached thing. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1413799558.829578.jpg

Hi there,
Your sweet little fish may be swimming vertically at the moment because he doesn't have a tail fin to "right" himself. Perhaps his swimming will improve once his tail grows back?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Tailless died yesterday.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom