Tank crash please help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ninjafish40

Aquarium Advice Activist
I just got home tonight and one of my roseline sharks was dead and several others not doing well I'm on day 3 for treating ich and today I did a 30% water change
36 gal bow front
I'm using meds for the ich as well as raising the temp to 80 or 82
Any ideas on how I can prevent a total crash ?

You are raising the temps and that limits the available oxygen. It is possible you should add an air pump to it and/or crank up the filter to higher to get more oxygen. I am not so familiar with treating with meds, I last used temp and salt due to my invertebrates.

please share what meds people will want to know, and what stage it is in and how long it has been happening and how long treating.

Also did you raise the temp very quickly, from what temp to now over how many hours/days?

I don't know with the meds, but I raised mine over several days to 88F and increased (dissolved) salt too, slowly over a few days.

As long as it is ok with the med routine, I would do more pwc right before it is time to add more treatment/meds.

Also what are your tank parameters. Ammonia, Nitrite, Nitrate?

Do you know if your tank is cycled? How long has it been up and running?
What are your other fish/Stock for the tank?

Do you wash your filter in tap water to clean it and or add new filter pads on a regular basis? I am assuming you are using water conditioner for the tap water...

Back
Top Bottom