Tank disaster: help needed urgently

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If that's it, go with aqualung. Bruising.

The grey areas are I think bruising. They come and go. No treatment. Normally it's among the biggest fish. Every now and then I panic and treat for bacteria but it makes no difference. Always learning!

Otherwise the fish behave normally. So observe the tank and see if it's getting hassled. Should be by the next smaller fish if it's the biggest or a bigger fish. Just nature, pecking order etc.

Both things are of little concern, try using decor to break up lines of sight so the fish can escape the bullying.

If that's it, go with aqualung. Bruising.

The grey areas are I think bruising. They come and go. No treatment. Normally it's among the biggest fish. Every now and then I panic and treat for bacteria but it makes no difference. Always learning!

Otherwise the fish behave normally. So observe the tank and see if it's getting hassled. Should be by the next smaller fish if it's the biggest or a bigger fish. Just nature, pecking order etc.

Both things are of little concern, try using decor to break up lines of sight so the fish can escape the bullying.

Oh ok, thanks. One of the guppies picks at him, and sometimes the other fish his size does as well. I thought that when I put him in the net with the lights off and he got better it was because of the lights, but it was probably the bullying. Thanks for your help everyone!

Back
Top Bottom