tank water has a cloudy look to it

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Humanis1993

Aquarium Advice Activist
Ok I ran a water test and everything is within parameters.
Water hardness-185
ph-6.5
alkalinity-22
nitrites-0.1
total ammonia nitrate number-1
Water temp 78-79
There isnt any sign of algae anymore but the water still doesn't look crystal clear :( it's got a slight fog to it. I'm using a 20-40 gallon aquatech filter on my 20gal and I just replaced the filter about a week ago and the aerator is still blowing smoothly(no clogs) but the water just doesn't look right :/
It doenst look like an algae bloom. The water just has a certain discoloration to it

Have you added anything or disturbed the substrate in any way? If so, it may take a few days for the water to clear up, especially if you have sand. I would let the filter run and see what happens. If it doesnt clear up, a series of pwc's may help.

Good luck!

probably a new bio filter setting up because you changed the media dont chage the water for a week and it will proli go away i have the same problem in my tank a few days after i change the water it goes away on its own

Ive had the same thing happen. I would guess redruckas is more than likely righht. Give it a few days and it should clear up.

Humanis1993 said:
Ok I ran a water test and everything is within parameters.
Water hardness-185
ph-6.5
alkalinity-22
nitrites-0.1
total ammonia nitrate number-1
Water temp 78-79
There isnt any sign of algae anymore but the water still doesn't look crystal clear :( it's got a slight fog to it. I'm using a 20-40 gallon aquatech filter on my 20gal and I just replaced the filter about a week ago and the aerator is still blowing smoothly(no clogs) but the water just doesn't look right :/
It doenst look like an algae bloom. The water just has a certain discoloration to it

If you switched out the filter media I am almost 100% sure it's a mini cycle and that can give you a bloom

I highly recommend never changing filter media next time you do a pwc put some tank water in a bucket and swish your floss and carbon(if you run it) in the bucket and place it back in your filter I never ever throw out my media and I don't use carbon either i would toss the carbon cartridge and stuff some bio max in it's place but not to worry things should clear up soon

Back
Top Bottom