Tapeworm??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

laetitia

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi everyone.. just wondering if this is a worm. Ive had fish get skinny lately and die snd this morning i saw this it was moving.. i took.it out and it shrunk it quiet long but when shrunk its like 1/4 its size. I plan on taking it to the pet store..im hoping its a worm so i can finally treat my tank properly and not.loose my fish anymore..my 6yr old black moor has not been well

Sent from my SM-N910G using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1422137550450.jpg
    1422137550450.jpg
    139.4 KB · Views: 107
The girl at the store was clueless. My blackmore is still unwell ot looked like he was passing a worm type thing but his breathing quick sitting at the bottom of my tank... he will move around not much. My female platy is unwell too.. and i lost a guppy... the tapeworm/fluke treatment doesnt seem to be helping much. I tried tri sulphar and melafix nothing is helpingy fish and I think im going to slowly loose them all

What was the med used? Was it prazi? I see you are in Melbourne so I assume meds choices are limited?

Are they all showing the same signs of being skinny and maybe showing worms?

Have you checked water chemistry as well and increased water changes to improve water quality?

What was the med used? Was it prazi? I see you are in Melbourne so I assume meds choices are limited?

Are they all showing the same signs of being skinny and maybe showing worms?

Have you checked water chemistry as well and increased water changes to improve water quality?

+1
This information will help us to help you better! I am curious as well as to the med and its duration of use for flukes? Water parameters, wc schedule and present diet will also be helpful. Thanks!

I once had a gourami swallow a piece of string. He died soon later, and I thought it was a worm.

~ExoticAquarist, signing out

Sorry i took ages to reply. I used fluke and tapeworm tablets. My water paremeters were always where they should be.

It was definitely warms as my blackmore had heaps in the end. Unfortunatly him and half more than half my tank has gone :( i still see worms occassionally and ive treated tank several times.

They all showed similar signs but blackmore was only one i saw worms as he was the largest.

I used this

Attachments

• 1428017683696.jpg
    1428017683696.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 50
That's the one I've used. Pretty safe on fish. I can't recall seeing other types in aquarium meds.

And what colour are the worms you are seeing? Were they getting expelled and had died on the gravel or still moving on gravel / fishes backside? I have read posts that lots of gravel vacs will be required as well just in case they are only stunned.

I had posted a pic further up the thread.. they were long and white almost clear and thin like hair. on him they came.out of his anus and the more sick he got the more.worms came out he had heaps he must of been fully invested.. i would find them attachted to objects in tank too.i dont know whats going on ive hit the point of giving up as nothing ive tried over 6 7 months has worked

Thanks for the information.

Which meds did you try? I've copied a link in below with some common ones. I've only used prazi so can't really comment but may have some threads saved off. JLK would know more.

I've mainly saved threads off out of interest as they were using goat wormer and that sort of stuff as the aquarium shops (particularly here in Perth) have a limited range of meds.

http://www.americanaquariumproducts.com/AquariumMedication3.html

Back
Top Bottom