Tetra fight - Attempt on One-eye's life

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Reechard

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
This morning I wake up to see two of my skirt tetras chasing One-eye, another skirt tetra who has the unfortunate blessing of being cyclopian (not my fault, was like that when I got him). They are chasing him to the point where the two chasers are showing stress and One-eye is basically laying there and taking it from them. I separated the fish from each other for a while and then put them back in because I had to go to work. I come home today and they are all back to normal, not showing any stress, but One-eye has what appears to be a small bite/scrape on his forehead. Any idea what could have caused this? The rest of the fish in the tank are fine, water params are good. I don't want to wake up tomorrow to another fish fight.

How big is the tank ? how many occupants are in there (species, numbers, size) ?
As to what caused the injury your guess is probably going to be the best guess - could be an injury from an item in the tank as he was trying to escape. Keep an eye on it to ensure he doesn't end up with a fungal infection. And try and keep the water extra clean with more frequent / larger water changes while he heals

46 gal, 6 columbian tetras and 3 juv neetroplus cichlids, tank is still low in fish count overall. The cichlids leave the tetras alone completely, too busy with themselves. Water is very clean, I do 30-40% PWC weekly, gogo python. I just freak when something goes amiss, I don't want my boys to be uncomfortable. One-eye has always been a character, I'd be sad sad if he went kaput.

Yes and they never had a problem until now. Their outbursts seem to have died off now, may have been an isolated incident.

Back
Top Bottom