Tetras not active

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Update i rided all of my community fish and placed in two black convicts. But they have white on the edges of their fins I thought it was possible ammonia burns but the test seem to come back 0. Here is a pic of the water test.

Here is a pic of the "film" on the fins.

any thoughts. The test came back good but fish are not goid at all.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Nitrate seems very high. Could this be causing the problems? I have added aquarium salt and have the tabk over filtered with a sunsun canister with a UV. And a marineland 150 HOB

Thank you doing a large water change and adding salt after as of now

i know its not the best pic but they are doing a lot better. The water is a bit discolored i did a large 90% change could this have made the water a bit dingy?

What do you mean by dingy? Looks pretty clear in the pic so can't really tell. Usually though a large water change shouldn't make the water look cloudy. If there's an excessive amount of waste in the substrate, the large water change could cause it to circulate more, but should settle/get sucked up by the filter within an hour or two.

Glad they're looking better :)

Its just a bit off but is still clear. I could of just moved the gravel around just a bit. Just happy to see they are out and looking good.

Thanks I have one last question. My PH is very low. Should I buy API ph 7.0? Or leave the ph as is?

How low is it? I would recommend not adding any chemicals to alter pH...it only helps temporarily and will change too quickly for fish in the tank. If you have to bring it up some, add a bag of crushed coral to your filter. It will slowly bring pH up some and last a long while.

If your pH is at least 6, I'd just leave it be...black convicts aren't too picky about it. Generally they can easily live in anything from 6.5-8, so not much to worry about. If your pH is lower than 6 though, I'd definitely recommend adding that crushed coral since that's very acidic water.

Back
Top Bottom