Tetras - What Killed Them??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LindaC

Aquarium Advice Freak
On Friday night, I purchased 4 Neon Tetras and added them to my 29 gallon planted tank. By Saturday morning, 2 of them were dead and within a few hours, one more was gone. I had to pick up a couple of things at Petsmart and decided to buy three more Neon’s to go along with the one that survived.

As of last night, all the Neon’s were gone and even worse, my 2 Lemon Tetras were dead too! I am so afraid for my male Apisto red tail and 2 Ottos who are the only fish left in that tank. Water parameters are fine, 0-ammonia, 0-nitrites, 20-nitrates, ph 6.7, kh 70,
gh 40.

I cannot add the Apisto to my 10 gallon tank because he’s too big and there’s also a pair of Rams in that tank, with the male being almost as big as the red tail.

Does anyone have any ideas what might have killed the Lemon Tetras, could it have been something that the Neons brought into my tank? As soon as I get home from work tonight, I intend on doing a 50 water change, not sure it that will help but I just don’t know what else to do. I can’t loose my red tail; I have a female red tail being delivered this week.

Could this be something that just affects Tetras? Anyone? Thoughts?

Many thanks!
Linda

i don't know about the lemons, but i know some neons can be particularly difficult to acclimate. do you quarantine when adding fish?

No, I usually never buy fish from local pet stores and you can be sure that I will never do it again! I don't know what I was thinking. I buy my fish online from breeders or people that I've got background information about.

I can understand about the Neons, it's the Lemon Tetras that I am confused over and also whether or not my Apisto is in danger.

Back
Top Bottom