Think I'm done

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Potluck

Aquarium Advice Addict
I knew something was wrong with my Irian red as he was not red but brown, breathing heavy, white poop but I treated him, it happened literally in one day, I dont know if he might of ate something, I was checking up On him every hour but just found him dead, I cannot do this anymore, I don't have the knowledge nor emotions nor money to be able to handle this hobby, I can say it's been a while since I lost a fish but I'm doing everything right I don't understand it and never will get it, he was only 2 - 3 years old and always very hyper and funny, if anyone lives downriver Michigan I'm probably gonna be selling all my equipment, plants, tank, decor, bran new fluval 3.0, I don't want to but I can't handle losing fish.

Step back from that ledge Rick. Most Rainbow Fish only live 3 - 5 years. Rainbows are relatively expensive. There are so many inexpensive nice looking, long lived, non plant eating fish available.
Your participation would be missed.

I agree with V227. I know it's hard to lose a pet but don't give up on the hobby. I just lost 3 Angels in my hospital tank. All my parameters were on point also. It hurts but I still have a few other fish to take care off (no $$ to replace my Angels right now). #dontgiveup

Is not the fact that he died its I literally think I killed him with freeze dried tubifex, he ate to big of a chunk and before I noticed it he had swallowed it which I think caused him to choke. I can't give up a hobby I love it just makes me angry that I could of been the one who caused it.

Is not the fact that he died its I literally think I killed him with freeze dried tubifex, he ate to big of a chunk and before I noticed it he had swallowed it which I think caused him to choke. I can't give up a hobby I love it just makes me angry that I could of been the one who caused it.

Don't give up on your dreams! I once lost 13 fish due to me not reading a bottle and seeing I got water clarifier and not water conditioner! Boy I was pissed. I like you felt and knew it was my fault. Take a short break and then come back at it again. When I do my freeze dried and frozen foods I put them in a butter bowl with the water from the tank and allow them to thaw, absorb water and stir it to separate them. Might start trying that to not have another incident. Sorry for your lose. Red irians are so beautiful.

Don't give up on your dreams! I once lost 13 fish due to me not reading a bottle and seeing I got water clarifier and not water conditioner! Boy I was pissed. I like you felt and knew it was my fault. Take a short break and then come back at it again. When I do my freeze dried and frozen foods I put them in a butter bowl with the water from the tank and allow them to thaw, absorb water and stir it to separate them. Might start trying that to not have another incident. Sorry for your lose. Red irians are so beautiful.
He was indeed, this is now my computer background, think he saw a ghost lol, I'm going to eliminate tubifex all together, I can't take a break I still have 20 fish to keep healthy lol.

https://i.imgur.com/gc0ojmN.png

something like this can't hold blame the same thing could have happen in the wild just not with a chunk of tubiflex worm , this is what we call a freak accident it could have happen to anyone ,

if I took every fish death to heart I would have been out of this hobby a long time ago . about a month ago we had a black out I lost 6 fish 1 of those fish was worth almost $400. yet alone the value of the others this didn't push me away ,

If I look back over the years it's a hard blow but I keep ticking we all have our ups and downs

something like this can't hold blame the same thing could have happen in the wild just not with a chunk of tubiflex worm , this is what we call a freak accident it could have happen to anyone ,

if I took every fish death to heart I would have been out of this hobby a long time ago . about a month ago we had a black out I lost 6 fish 1 of those fish was worth almost $400. yet alone the value of the others this didn't push me away ,

If I look back over the years it's a hard blow but I keep ticking we all have our ups and downs
Yeah it's not about the money honestly it's about the hard work put in and the attachment to them, I have another rainbow acting weird now with white stringy poop but he's not breathing heavy like the Irian, but he didn't eat so I guess I'll be watching the tank again tonight, hope the prazi starts working, or it simply could be the tubifex I fed needs to be passed idk I'm not a fish Dr sigh

Back
Top Bottom