This is getting frustrating

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yea i hate using medication cos the last time i did my fish totally freaked out so i did a water change amd.ceased medicating amd.what i.was medicating for was my angel had cloudy eye and it cleared up a few days after i put the carbon back in

Sent from my LG-E460f using Aquarium Advice mobile app

How big is your tank? When you said you get your water tested does this mean the shop are checking it for you? If so the first thing I would do is buy a liquid test kit and test your water yourself. Get an API liquid test kit. Scratching could be anything at this point and disease are almost always related to poor water quality. I would not trust your local fish shop to do these tests accurately. You need to do it yourself. When you know the results we can start focusing on the possibility of parasites or bacteria. It might just be very high nitrates irritating the gills.

High nitrates, raising temperature and adding incorrect or unnecessary medications will stress the fish. This will make their immune system weak and they will then be susceptible to all cants of disease.

We must eliminate the water parameters ammonia nitrite and nitrate first and we need to know the ph of the water.

Do this. Don't trust the store to test your water. They don't know what they're looking at most of the time. Do water changes. Your water is probably bad and you don't know it.

Back
Top Bottom