This is ich.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wait so your saying I can't have 10 neon tetras, discus, kenyi, black ghost knife, and a common pleco in my 29gal brookster?!

Just joking around. Research saves fish people!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Whatever fits.. don't think they'll last long though;) shamu in a kiddie pool..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Cranking the heat up to 86° now what about treating with aquarium salt what are your thoughts on this idea.
I've been trying to research as much information I can prior to anything happening that way when and hopefully it doesn't happen but if it does I can be prepared for it I've read a lot about you know put him into a hospital tank if that's not an option is it okay to treat the full tank and how much of the water should you replace ?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I've never used salt in conjunction with heat - never had to since the heat does the job.

Cranking the heat up to 86° now what about treating with aquarium salt what are your thoughts on this idea.
I've been trying to research as much information I can prior to anything happening that way when and hopefully it doesn't happen but if it does I can be prepared for it I've read a lot about you know put him into a hospital tank if that's not an option is it okay to treat the full tank and how much of the water should you replace ?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

If you have plants then salt is usually out (unless you take the plants out). Heat by itself will do the job. Either tank can be used. Main thing is to keep temp up for 10 days after last spot in whichever tank has the problem.

I was just thinking a salt bath could be done if heavily infected and then heat treatment to finish. I'm guessing a bit but that's where I've seen most deaths with heat method. I think that would be a problem for any method as the fish is so stressed already and then extra from treatment.

Back
Top Bottom