This is serious to me now... :(

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HappyLoner

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Ok, its been three days now since my O ate anything. He is still small, and Ive only had him for 10 days now. The first few meals, I fed him bloodworms, and also tried floating pellets and smaller morsels by Nutrafin. Also tried tropical flakes. He ONLY eats the bloodworms. The rest he will take into his mouth once after I put it in the tank, spit it out, and not touch it again. :cry:

Ive stopped feeding them (O and silver dollars - who seems to be finicky as well, but at least they eat some of the flakes and morsels) bloodworms on Saturday morning. So its been exactly 3 days now, and this morning O still has not eaten a thing. What breaks my heart is that is can see, when I approach the tank with food, he is like all excited, his colouring dark and beautiful, he immediately grabs the first piece of food that falls into the tank. Then he just spits it out, and turn almost transparent in colour. I know that he is not happy then... :cry:

Wot should I do?

Ive tried pre-soaking the morsels and the pellets - no change.

I got my puffers to eat with adult brine shrimp, when they would not eat in the beginning. I knew that they could not live on these but it did get them started eating, and then they were eager to accept whatever I offered after that. I am not certain that this is the same thing, though, so keep us posted.

Try feeding "O" a few live crickets. I have three large Oscars that LOVE them. The swimming and kicking action really gets their blood going. If you can't get ckrickets, grasshoppers or anything like them will probably do the trick.

Back
Top Bottom