Thoughts on sick betta

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KRP06

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi there
I have a double tail male betta that I have had had for a little over a year now. He's always been super energetic and full of life. We have a routine every morning of when I turn his light on he swims up to the topo and wiggles around while I give him food and he eats all of it. I feed Omega One buffet flakes and treats later in the day which ar Omega One freeze dried blood worms. He's in a roughly 4 gallon tank with a filter, heater, and plants. He's had two snails with him for the last 6 months or so and just recently I added two ghost shrimp. Also, I've noticed that the plants aren't as healthy as they should be so I've been adding API Leaf Zone to the tank. I added it this past Wednesday and this would be the third time I've done it. Yesterday (Friday) I realized hes extremely lathargic and hides under his plant or curls up in a ball behind his castle. My first thought was the leaf zone stuff. It was brought to my attention that it contains CO2. So I did a partial water change in hopes that might help some, and today I added a small air bubbler. It seems to help some, he swims a little bit more now. However, when he does swim he seems to make these quick spastic burts and then either gets air from the surface or goes back to hiding. I've also notcied that within these last couple days his fins are as big and beautiful as they used to be. They almost look clumped at the end and being broken off maybe?

--Also, I do water changes every other week. About 30-35%. And always add appropriate amount of conditioner.

Any thoughts/help would be amazing. I'm stupidly attached to my Rocket boy and I can't stand loosing him after only a year. I've posted a picture of him now. 20170604_211338~2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom