tiger barb, pregnant or dropsy?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

iamkush

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have three tiger barbs, all the water is great, perfect quality, i have one tiger barb that im afraid has dropsy, but im not positive, its whole body is puffed up, its scales are sticking out, and eyes are pushed it, its so sad. But im not positive shes not.pregnant... Can anyone help? If it is dropsy... How do i euthanise her?

Ouch thats very sad in sorry i just got tiger barbs tonight i hope everything goes well :)

I have three tiger barbs, all the water is great, perfect quality, i have one tiger barb that im afraid has dropsy, but im not positive, its whole body is puffed up, its scales are sticking out, and eyes are pushed it, its so sad. But im not positive shes not.pregnant... Can anyone help? If it is dropsy... How do i euthanise her?

Sorry to hear about your TigerBarb:(. Your description sounds like dropsy, but if you could post a pic, that can help to confirm.

As for euthanizing, if it has to come to that, there's a few ways. I've done the ice bath .. chill water in a cup till it starts to form ice then add the fish. The sudden temperature shocks it to death within seconds. There have been threads with other methods.

Hope it's not dropsy,

Back
Top Bottom