Tiger Barb spits his food back out, very thin

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rhetor

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hello,

I have 5 tiger barbs in a 10g tank. The tank is about one month established, cycled with three cories, one didn't make it.

The group of barbs has been very active, and are doing well so far, except for one which i just recently noticed.

The one is smaller than the others, and does not have a full belly after eating, or at any time.

I watched him when i fed them, and he will eat, but seems to just spit it back up, soon after. I did notice the barbs flashing a bit last week, but they don't seem to be itchy any more.

In every other aspect, the barbs are all active, the one who is sick is slightly less active, but still quite lively.

Any ideas?

Sorry I don't have any good ideas, but I did go through something similar -- I had a tiger barb species tank for a little while and the batch of tiger barbs I got from my local pet store included one who was not intersted in eating at all. After about two weeks, he died. I tried dropping food in right past him but he just wasn't interested. The only thing I can think to suggest is to try something more appetizing -- blood worms, perhaps?

Back
Top Bottom