Tiger barb w/Parkinson's like symptoms...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chikadee

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have 3 tiger barbs with my dwarf puffers, and two of them are greedy little punks who eat all the food and even steals the snails from my puffs. I have one that is much bigger (he's the biggest tiger barb I've ever seen) and he doesn't eat much at all. In fact, he doesn't do much besides shake uncontrollably as if he had parkinson's disease! (Sorry for being so Un-PC, I can't think of a better way to describe it..) Every once in awhile, he'll sort of flip out and dash around the tank and then he'll stop and shake some more. When I feed them, if a piece of food happens to be near him, he'll eat it but he won't come to the surface to eat, nor will he steal food from the puffers (which is a good thing). I'm kind of worried though because I think he might be sick, but I can't think of what it could possibly be. No ammonia or nitrites, low nitrates. I'm treating with salt and heat for a tiny outbreak of ick (I only saw 2 spots total, but I want to be on the safe side) The tiger barbs aren't showing any signs of ick, this guy has been spastic and shaky since I've gotten him. What could be wrong??

I've had him for about 2 weeks. The tiger barbs were the first fish I put in after my cycle was done.

Back
Top Bottom