Tiger Oscar sick

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Helpsickfish

Aquarium Advice Newbie
The tank has bubbles on the top. He is trying to jump out of the tank. He has the white dents on his face forming. I don't know what to do!

You can start with providing a whole lot more information. Do a wc too

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

He was just moved from a school office to our house. We have a wood stove that makes a lot of smoke. Could that be part if the issue?

A tiger oscar. 38 gallon tank. One year old, 6 inches long. He needs a bigger tank. About 1 foot wide and 3.5 foot long. The tank is old.

There are white things in the tank. But my mom says they have always been in there. There are no other fish in the tank and hasn't been for about a year. Can't remember how old the tank is. He keeps trying to jump out of the water. He just freaked out and they wat face down straight up for a while.

Change some freaking water already. Change it again tommorow and the next day. And the next.. until you get him into something more comfortable. He wants out because he is dying. Hurry now. Change 60% of the water right now

Not to sound horrible bit you're killing that fish as we speak. Change his water

The tank has had water and no fish for a year? What kind if white things? Shiny, fuzzy, moving? Is there a filter? You tested for ammonia- what was the result? But water change first.

Back
Top Bottom