Tiny white worms on my betta

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Smare

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Please help!

I'm trying not to panic as I'm new to the hobby and the fish keeping game. The Betta I adopted seems to be having a rough time.

The long story:

I adopted this guy from a friend who had to move. I have a soft spot for animals and had always wanted to get into fish keeping but the money held me back. (I am disabled and on disability) so I jumped at the chance to tank on an already established tank.

I thought I knew what I was doing but I only had info from a pet smart so I fully changed the tank several times without watching the cycle. After seeing my boy looking a little burnt I did some research and now I've gone down a rabbit hole of information. But it also showed me I know nothing! (Just like John Snow)

Fast forward to this week. He's been sleepier and suddenly going to the surface for air, which he never used to have to do with his CO running. Then I notice him banging into everything in his tank.

Now, he's in a tank that is too small. I am currently cycling him a 20G tank full of live plants.

But this morning I noticed there are little worms all over him. They are squirming under and around his scales and are free floating in the tank.

Needless to say I'm in panic mode. Especially since searches on the Internet bring up only anchor worm, and these look nothing like that.

Please help. I have no problems getting hands on, I just wanna save my first fish, if I can.

Short story:

There are worms on my fish! Small and white and wriggling. He is going to the surface more to breath and it banging himself against stuff in his tank.

Link to video

Attachments

• JPEG_20191012_094530.jpg
    JPEG_20191012_094530.jpg
    193.8 KB · Views: 90
They could be flukes. Those things like to hang out on fishes gills. I would treat for parasites, but I've never had to deal with flukes before.

get paraguard and prazi pro. dose with both, its safe to double up. other wise it might be a copper situation.

Back
Top Bottom