Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Unhealthy Fish
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 10-12-2019, 01:05 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Tiny white worms on my betta

Please help!

I'm trying not to panic as I'm new to the hobby and the fish keeping game. The Betta I adopted seems to be having a rough time.

The long story:

I adopted this guy from a friend who had to move. I have a soft spot for animals and had always wanted to get into fish keeping but the money held me back. (I am disabled and on disability) so I jumped at the chance to tank on an already established tank.

I thought I knew what I was doing but I only had info from a pet smart so I fully changed the tank several times without watching the cycle. After seeing my boy looking a little burnt I did some research and now I've gone down a rabbit hole of information. But it also showed me I know nothing! (Just like John Snow)

Fast forward to this week. He's been sleepier and suddenly going to the surface for air, which he never used to have to do with his CO running. Then I notice him banging into everything in his tank.

Now, he's in a tank that is too small. I am currently cycling him a 20G tank full of live plants.

But this morning I noticed there are little worms all over him. They are squirming under and around his scales and are free floating in the tank.

Needless to say I'm in panic mode. Especially since searches on the Internet bring up only anchor worm, and these look nothing like that.

Please help. I have no problems getting hands on, I just wanna save my first fish, if I can.

Short story:

There are worms on my fish! Small and white and wriggling. He is going to the surface more to breath and it banging himself against stuff in his tank.

Link to video
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	JPEG_20191012_094530.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	193.8 KB
ID:	314213  

Old 10-13-2019, 07:17 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice FINatic

They could be flukes. Those things like to hang out on fishes gills. I would treat for parasites, but I've never had to deal with flukes before.

Tags
betta, white, worm, worms

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com