Tom's bumps/lumps

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
She is eating. She would eat more peas than pellets - but she always went crazy over peas. She's not pooping hardly at all though and when she does it's soooo thin - thinner than a thread. She swims around, but spends more time in the back of the tank than she ever has (near the filters and bubble curtain). She she sees anyone approach the tank she swims to the back of the tank in a frantic motion. Maybe I'm judging her too harshly on how she appears?

I'm going to call the vet that is 2 hours drive from us tomorrow and see if that is an option. Being alone with two toddlers doesn't really make for an easy 4 hours in driving to the vet (especially since I will have to be taking one of them out of preschool for a day to do so). Good thing my husband is out of the country -- he would not approve. :blink:

Ok, she's still eating even if it's not much and she's still swimming. If she reaches a point that she no longer has interest in food, this is a big red flag that she really is feeling unwell.

Hopefully, you can see the vet and he may be able to provide a diagnosis along with a treatment plan. I am wishing you the best of luck! Please let us know how things turn out!

I guess people in this state don't bring their goldfish to the vet. One clinic I called said they would give me advice over the phone - to which they had no advice to give ("I think you have tried everything") - two others don't do labs on goldfish because of the expense involved, so I'm not sure why I should drive two hours there and two hours home, pay an office visit, for more "it might be this or this or this." Another suggested I bring her to my local pet store for advice. Frustrating.

Tom ate one pea today. She doesn't seem to want to eat the pellets or the broccoli and she's pretty much just staying in one corner (although if I come close she will swim away and then back to the corner). It's painful to watch her deteriorate.

Back
Top Bottom