Treating baby mollies for possible ich infestation

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CGill740

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Good evening all,
I was hoping some of you experienced fish owners could assist. My 3 yr old daughter was given a fish tank (brand new) with 3 mollies. She thought it would be an easy starter pet since we already have 3 dogs. She was wrong.

Anyway, I battled high ammonia and eventually got through it. Later, I lost 2 of my 3 fish to what I assumed was ammonia, nitrate and/or nitrite poisoning. I later found my black mollie had white sand-like bumps. I assume this is ich. Before the orange mollies died, she gave birth to 9 babies. After about a day, them I put them in a 5 gallon tank we initially used before I purchased a bigger 10 gallon tank to try to improve the health of the fish. I have also lost 3 of the babies and took them put when I saw them at the bottom of the tank.

My black mollie recently died. I was going to crank up the heater for a week, but thought maybe I should thoroughly clean the tank and put the babies in there? Which would be the better option? Also, I have 2 heaters. A cheap one that keeps the water at 76 degrees and an adjustable. the cheap heater is in the smaller tank with the babies. Should I clean the adjustable heater and treat the babies with heat for a possible ich infestation? Or how would you treat the babies? They are rather small and I assume they are rather fragile. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom