treating dropsy for 10 days now both have it

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Felf

Aquarium Advice FINatic
i started treating my dwarf honey gourami about 10 days ago with maracyn II but it's not getting any better and it's still not eating. now my other gourami has it. i change 75% of the water and put half a tablet every 24hours in the 2.5 gal bucket i have the fish in. i'm pretty sure they got it because i havent been feeding them very good food lately. maracyn II is the only med that i can buy locally that actually says that it treats dropsy. is there anything else i can do?

Hmm. You could have a fish that is immune to the antibiotic in the medicine. What else is there at you lfs? Any antifungal med should work for you. I have used Jungle's Fungus Clear Tablets succesfully before to treat dropsy.

i can look again but almost everything that ppl say they've used, isnt sold here. i need some other options beside euthenizing them

Unfortanetly, I don't think there are many options. The best thing you can do is keep pristine water, and hope for the best I imagine.

Is there anyway you can list what they have there for us?

Good luck.

i've had to put one betta down for dropsy, and now it looks like my other betta(in diferent tank)looks he has it also did i infect him by useing the same gravel cleaner ?

Back
Top Bottom