Treating for parasites

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Jungles anti parasite and anti bacterial food sucks btw, fish really don't like it,

My goldfish eats it up like candy! But then goldfish will eat just about anything! :)

But if you have the drug already, you can certainly make your own food .... For small fish like guppies, etc. meds in water works reasonably well. I suppose they are small enough that the get enough meds from the water. But it would still be good insurance to soak some of your food with meds to give an extra boost.

But it would still be good insurance to soak some of your food with meds to give an extra boost.

I totally agree with jsoong on this.

There is also credible scientific evidence that feeding your high quality foods with garlic boosts their natural immunity to parasites in the first place.

when I called jungle about the antiparasite food, the lady told me that I was to feed it for 4 days, and only that, then on 3 days off NO FOOD AT ALL, is this what you all do with the anti parsite food as well??

(4 days/3 days cant remember off hand if it was 4 on or 4 off, but either way as per instructions on container...)

I personally feed regular food during the "off" days. I don't see the reason for the fasting. <The reason for the 4 days on & then 3 days off regime is so the fish don't get too high a drug level in the body. I presume that this is due to the levamazole (a deworming agent) in the formula. The Prazi & metronidazole can be use continuously for a week.>

Back
Top Bottom