Treating Internal Parasites With Metro??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Also while the threads open, anyone know how effective is metro is for paracites like worms in fish? Anyone can google, bit really want anyone with any experiences?

Last edited:
Metrozoidale is worthless for nearly all worms including anchor, roundworms, or camallanus, it's used for internal parasites only.

I had good luck with prazipro for internal parasites, if that's what you meant by "parasites in fish".

This thread is a blast from the past! I totally forgot about dealing with these parasites lol

Metrozoidale is worthless for nearly all worms including anchor, roundworms, or camallanus, it's used for internal parasites only.

Ok then the only reason i asked is i remember my old dog having pills containing metro for worms back in the day.

Metro good for bacterial also?

Ok then the only reason i asked is i remember my old dog having pills containing metro for worms back in the day.

Metro good for bacterial also?

They add it along with additional medications but on a stand alone product it's worthless for worms.

It's used to treat some types of bacterial infections, but it wouldn't be my first choice.

How many times would you have to feed pellets laced with metro if indeed it was curable using metro?

Last edited:
Never, I use medicated flakes from Angels Plus or soak my pellets in Epsom salt. Neither treatment has let me down, I currently have 14 species of Central American cichlids in my fish room totaling around 120 fish and I've treated them all at one time or another since the majority of them are wild caught fish and I don't know what they're bringing in.

Ok well my rusties that i got a month ago came with alsorts of nasties and im treating them one step at a time. Ive just managed to feed metro laced pellets for the first time for a paracitical or bacterial infection thats been effecting them. Just hoping its going to do some good.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom