Treatment question! URGENT!!!!!!!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ok ill turn the heater back on. And I'll check with my LFS if they have any. They usually carry that kinda weird stuff in stock most of the time. Man that disease spreads fast once it gets a foothold, is it common for that to spread and kill this fast???

Yes. It probubly appeared on your fish some time ago its jist very very hard to spot until it gets very bad. I read that methylene blue baths can help with this. They prevent further growth of the fungus. Whatever you do DO NOT put it into your tank. It will instantly kill your nitrifying bacteria. Let me go and find my directions for the methylene blue baths. I give them to my goldfish sometimes.

1teaspoon methylene blue per 10gals water. Leave in the bath for 30-45 minites. Make sure the fish isnt distressed. If they are take them out sooner. Be carefull with this stuff it stains everything.

Ok thank you so much. My male pearl is acting like my female did before she died so I doubt he'll make it through the night. And my paradise is headed down the males road. I think I can catch it before it gets bad in my royal pleco.

About the blue stuff can I bathe all the infected fish in the stuff or one at a time?

I suppose you could do them all. I did it in a 1gal bowl so I did one fish at a time.

Ok I'll find some of that stuff and do that. Thank you for your help so much. Is there any other options here?

Other than treating with meds and giving them those methylene blue baths I dont think so. I think those two things will give your fish the best chances at survival.

I think you got good advice, good luck! just for information sake should OP do both meds in the main tank after wcs or choose one either api or seacham? then on top of this do the methylene blue bath? I've battled this before and lost, just curious...

Ok thank you so much I really appreciate your help! Although my male is dead and my paradise is dying but I've stopped the spread and no one else is infected. Everyone else is perfectly fine and has returned to their former selves I wish I could say the same for my paradise gourami but I did everything I could but apperentally God wants him to go. Thankfully you replied just in time and you helped me save my other tank inhabitants. Thank you so much!!!

And if you guys are wondering why I never mentioned putting them in a quartine tank, it was because it has a huge crack and 10 gallons of water got all over the floor. I rushed out to get some sealant but they where out everywhere I went... :/ my luck! But I will fix it soon and hopefully it won't have any inhabitants in a while.

Thats good to hear :) and its one medication or the other not both. I have tried both, and both are suppost to work but the kanaplex worked the best for me. But since it was hard to get ahold of I suggested both medications.
EDIT:And its on top of the methylene blue baths. They help prevent further growth of the infection.

I hope the meds help in time, my betta was close to death and I was able to save him so I hope maybe your fish will come around too. With my betta it was a hard battle. Two days into medication I didnt think he was gonna make it. He just sat on the bottom for days on his side. Very ill. But after I added a little stress coat with aloe vera in it he started to come around. Slowly but surely the fungus had died and his scales grew back. I still have him today :) he lives in a cushy planted and filtered five gal tank with a heater. Happy little betta :):)

Thats good to hear :) and its one medication or the other not both. I have tried both, and both are suppost to work but the kanaplex worked the best for me. But since it was hard to get ahold of I suggested both medications.
EDIT:And its on top of the methylene blue baths. They help prevent further growth of the infection.

thanks for the clarification, nice story on the betta, good luck with your remaining fishies!!

Back
Top Bottom