Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Unhealthy Fish
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-09-2019, 10:08 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Tumor on goldfish

Hi everyone. Iíve joined this site as I have a beautiful shubumkin named Sid. I won him at my local fair 3 years ago. He was about 2 ins long. Heís now grown to about 8/9 ins. Heís active and seems happy, though Iím contemplating getting a larger tank again to allow him more room for swimming. Iíve been worried just lately as this little white lump on his head that I noticed just before Xmas has now got much larger. Could it be a tumour? Most importantly could it be fatal. Any advice would be appreciated.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	0BEC7BD6-7331-4F43-8483-263FA284B1EF.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	253.4 KB
ID:	312312  

Old 03-11-2019, 03:41 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Welcome to the community. Pretty Sid.

this is a quote from jlk in a long back thread

"How do your parameters look? What size is this tank? What kind of wc schedule do you have (%/#wk)? What do you normally feed?

[...]Goldfish are subject to a variety of growths and tumors. Most of them are viral such as lymphocystis or carp pox. They generally are non-lethal issues as long as they do not affect a fish's ability to swim, eat or breath.

They are, however, unsightly. There is no treatment other than pristine water (lots and lots of wcs) and a very healthy, nutritious diet that helps to support immune function. If the growths become very large, they can be surgically removed but will generally grow back. I would not recommend purchasing another fish at this point in time."

New to FW fish? First tank in a long time or EVER??? Need some info on keeping fish?
Start here - Aquarium Advice Article
https://www.aquariumadvice.com/guide...ater-aquarium/

Community Rules
https://www.aquariumadvice.com/forum...ork&page=rules

FW & SW
Favorite tank right now -5G Spec V Snails & Betta
Autumnsky is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tumor, goldfish

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com