Ulcer/ich or fungal on rainbow shark following Ich treatment - please see photo

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Shark-fish

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi, we have not had our aquarium long and we are very new to keeping fish. We have a very helpful fish shop but we seem to be having problem after problem :(. We have just finished two treatments for Ich after losing our clown loach and the Pleco (which we were very fond of). Our ghost knife had it but since slowly raising the temp and treatment he's recovered.

Over the last few days our rainbow shark has developed a white patch. From what I've been reading it looks more like an ulcer but I thought I'd double check.

Secondly if it is, what do people think about starting a bacterial treatment straight after ich treatment? Many thanks.

This is the photo from this morning - hope it works

Attachments

• IMG_5120.jpg
    IMG_5120.jpg
    173.4 KB · Views: 408
Hello, welcome to the forum.

I have gone straight from ich treatments to bacterial treatments. It's not ideal but what can you do.

Information on a selected med FYI for this below although many options like medicated feed are also good.

http://www.thatpetplace.com/fungus-guard-tabs-8pk

'Contains two antibiotics as Furan 2 (nitrofurazone & furizolidone) and an anti fungal (potassium dichromate). The fura antibiotics are milder, older meds. The Kdichromate is a strong oxidizer.'

Back
Top Bottom