Unactive swordtail

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Conman

Aquarium Advice Activist
My large male tuxedo swordtail refuses to Amin the entire day unless touched then when he does he goes to the corner to stay motionless. He also seems to be opening and closing his mouth rapidly

My large male tuxedo swordtail refuses to Amin the entire day unless touched then when he does he goes to the corner to stay motionless. He also seems to be opening and closing his mouth rapidly

How do you oxygenate the water?

First thing you need to do when a fish is acting strange is test the water. Gasping, listlessness and hiding can indicate a water problem. Failing that, observe the tank for signs of bullying. Inspect the fish and make sure there are no physical signs of disease such as clamped fins, fuzzy or slimy growth, spots, marks or torn fins.

I have an air pump and of course the filter

Water conditions are where they should be and absolutely no sickness or bullying that's why I was confused about its behavior

Water conditions are where they should be and absolutely no sickness or bullying that's why I was confused about its behavior

And what are you using to test the water? Liquid or strip test kit? Please can you tell us the exact parameters?

It's a simple liquid teat kit. It only reads the ph

You need to test more then just ph to make sure everything is ok. You need ammonia especially and nitrate and nitrite are also important. I suggest picking up an API master kit

No matter what I suggest a large pwc

Back
Top Bottom