Unhealthy fat corydoras!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
6yje6yhy.jpg

Some more information will help us help the fish. :) How big is his tank? Is it heated and filtered? Do you know the ammonia, nitrite, and nitrate levels? Does he have any tankmates? What is his feeding schedule and what is he being fed?

I have no clue. Will do tests on the water before work tomorrow. We just moved the tank and got it back from a friend. His tank mates are a gourami, CAE, longfin danio. Not sure why he stocked it the way he did. :(

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Well I have other tanks. And never sold them at my LFS. I may ask my boss if he can take him.

If you mean tank size for the CAE, it needs a bare minimum of 30 gallons and must be kept alone. As it matures, it will attack everything and anything around it.

Edit: Just spoke to a friend who owns a CAE--and regrets ever buying it, but can't find anyone who will rehome it. She says 55 gallon is the minimum tank size for that one fish because of how randomly it can become aggressive and suddenly kill everything around it.

I was skimming this thread, wasn't sure what CAE was, googled it, YouTube video later.. Those things are nasty, nastyy!

About the Cory....maybe look into dosing with Prazipro for parasites?? Anyone?

Dallas , try the Prazipro or the M blue ?
I know the Prazipro is safe but don t know what M blue treats other than fungus.

He acts normal. Like any other catfish would. Just a little slower cause he has to really propel himself

Any animal will 'act normal' with a parasite load until they don t..... Make sense?

Back
Top Bottom