Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Unhealthy Fish
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 02-05-2012, 01:57 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonFish71
If the dragonfish is a goby (blueish body) they are wild caught in brackish water and should stay in brackish water. They also will outgrow a 10g, or a 30g.

As for the disease, google Lymphocystis. From what you're describing, that sounds like what it could be.

Not to be rude, but you're asking about a disease yet didn't research the fish you have?
Ill look it up but it doesn't look like any more fish have it.

And I just kind of went on that "Ohh I like that fish" procedure.

Old 02-05-2012, 03:21 PM   #12

My nitrate level is about a 20, safe. Nitrite is 0, safe. Hardness was 25, very soft. Alkalinity is hard to tell, it's borderline high but pretty good. And this test says the oh is way high but my other test says its low. My ammonia levels are safe as well.

Old 02-05-2012, 04:59 PM   #13
jlk
Aquarium Advice Addict

Ammonia levels need to be less than .25ppm- detectable ammonia is not safe. I would monitor your fish carefully & watch for any new signs of disease. I would up your water changes to atleast 50% a week, twice a week would be better. Please dont hesitate to ask questions!
Old 02-05-2012, 05:01 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlk
Ammonia levels need to be less than .25ppm- detectable ammonia is not safe. I would monitor your fish carefully & watch for any new signs of disease. I would up your water changes to atleast 50% a week, twice a week would be better. Please dont hesitate to ask questions!
My test strips said the there was no ammonia In the tank
Old 02-05-2012, 05:06 PM   #15
jlk
Aquarium Advice Addict

Good to hear! Monitor everybody closely & let us know if you see any new symptoms & we will try to help! Stay on top of your water changes with temperature matched, conditioned water as well. If possible, perhaps you can start looking for an upgrade on your tank to properly house your fish in the near future. Craigslist has lots of good deals! You can also google local aquarium clubs in your area- many have swap meets & used equipment listings.
Old 02-05-2012, 05:15 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlk
Good to hear! Monitor everybody closely & let us know if you see any new symptoms & we will try to help! Stay on top of your water changes with temperature matched, conditioned water as well. If possible, perhaps you can start looking for an upgrade on your tank to properly house your fish in the near future. Craigslist has lots of good deals! You can also google local aquarium clubs in your area- many have swap meets & used equipment listings.
Thanks! Im looking hard for a cheap hexagonal with stand. I wish tanks were cheaper. Especially now with all the bow front acrylic stuff that's way out of budget
Old 02-05-2012, 05:42 PM   #17
jlk
Aquarium Advice Addict

Keep your eyes on craigslist- i have found free & super cheap tanks & equipment. Theres alot of DIY information on here as well (resealing tanks, making your own stands, lights, filters etc). You dont need expensive equipment etc to have a functional setup- it just needs to be practical & work. Obviously, from an aesthetic point, some things look great but not everyone has an unlimited budget (i know i dont!) so its all about ways to be practical & save some bucks.
Old 02-05-2012, 05:45 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlk
Keep your eyes on craigslist- i have found free & super cheap tanks & equipment. Theres alot of DIY information on here as well (resealing tanks, making your own stands, lights, filters etc). You dont need expensive equipment etc to have a functional setup- it just needs to be practical & work. Obviously, from an aesthetic point, some things look great but not everyone has an unlimited budget (i know i dont!) so its all about ways to be practical & save some bucks.
I've been prowling craigslist but not seeing any tanks I like. I saw this creative home made tank. A guy attached two 20 longs together to make a right angle corner tank. Really neat but the caulking looks horrible. Id buy it if I had the room for it.

Tags
disease

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com