Unknown fish, what is it???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Heather_B

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi guys!
My mum bought a secondhand tank and was told it came with angelfish. When it arrived they're were 4 fully grown angels, 4 black widow tetras, 1 male German blue ram and what we can only guess is some kind of catfish?
We called the original owner but he doesn't know what it is either as his friend gave it to him when it got to large for his tank!
It's about 5 inches long approx (it's very active so hard to measure) Please let me know if you have any ideas on what this chap is!

P.s. I have attached a video....fingers crossed it uploads!

We were thinking that but no matter what type we look up ours just doesn't seem to match :/ its got us a tad confused. The closest we could get was the Columbian shark catfish but the colouring of its fins doesn't match.

I was really hoping that wasn't gonna be the case :( it's such a lovely fish.
About 30 mins drive away are 2 very large aquarium stores that both care for adult koi carp, I'm guessing they would be the best places to take it?

Yes, call first to make sure they can/are willing to take it.

Maybe find a different type which will suite your space and community better.

Cory catfish might be a good fit and they like groups and some are smaller sized as adults, than others.

These guys are pretty hardy in their Bronze color, the one pictured is the albino version, also seem to be pretty tough little guys, which show up nicely in a natural gravel or dark substrate tank.
https://www.liveaquaria.com/product/953/?pcatid=953

What size is the tank?

Back
Top Bottom