unkown illness

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Etunes

Aquarium Advice Addict
The problem is that i have found more then one thing that might match this. So a few days ago my fish (3 of them 2 angelfish, and a leapord cetepoma) starting one by one got like these white things on them. Not ich and it was only a few on them mainly around there head. They were white but not like ich were its almost like salt it was white and string like. First the leapord then the angles. They are there for a day or 2 but then they dissapear or lessen. Today i wake up and among the 3 fish today there is 1 spot maybe 2 on the leapord and the angelfish dont have many either but the 1 angelfish (gold) his stomach seems thin and he isnt eating and has swollen eyes. And in doing research i got like 3 diseases possible. Any suggestions or thoughts on treatment?

Thanks for the help.

No, other then the what i think is some sort of fungus on the fish. I think they are able to rub it off. The worst fish (the one angelfish) has the bloated eye and it seems a string of it is growing form behind the eye and it is the longest. It dosent grow in patches it is like a slightly fuzzy string. And its not like coating the body its more speratic on the body of the fish. I jsut dont know what medicine to use and whether i should treat the whole tank or set them up in a QT tank.

Is it after any change in the tank or pwc or anything? Maybe your unlucky and there are few things going on in the tank :(

Back
Top Bottom