Upper lip torn?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GideontheFish

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
1~He's a GloFish Electric Green Tetra and from what I can tell it looks like one of the other fish may have been beating up on him. part of his upper lip seems missing and one side of his face is bloody and he cant close his mouth. He's still eating but hes a little sluggish.

2~I honestly dont know. I just found out about cycling and bacteria, I had fish before but we never heard about that.

3~ It's a 5.5 gallon tank, 16'' wide, 10" tall and 8.5" deep.

4~ I have a Topfin 10 gallon filtration syste that came with the tank starter kit.

5~The injured one is a GloFish Green Eletric Tetra(about 2"), I have two GloFish Zebra Danios(1"-1.5") and an X-ray Tetra (barely 1")

6~I've been replacing 1 gallon of water once a week(I only have a 1 gallon container to get the water ready in" I usually vaccum the gravel when I change the water so thats done once a week as well.

7~The three glo fish I've had for about 4 months, the tetra is a new addition and I had a cory catfish as well the catfish died a few days ago and I'm not too sure what happened, I didnt see him for a few days but i didnt think aything of it because he sometimes likes to rest under a "cave/turtle" i have but I found him Wednesday belly up and stuck to the filter. I dont know if the chunks were missing before or after he died.

8~I added a starter zyme about last sunday i believe as well as a ph adjustor. Before that I just "cycled" it with the basic water conditioner.

9~I usually feed them TetraColor Tropical flakes and every now and again I'll throw in some freeze dried bloodworms(Top Fin)

Back
Top Bottom