Upside down Calico Ryukin x 3 weeks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CuteThrill

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Help! My calico Ryukin has been swimming upside for almost three weeks. I've been able to hand-feed "her" peas, have cut off food completely, have turned her right-side up and held her and rubbed her belly, all to no avail! The tank is a 29 gallon and there are only three fish, the other two being Orandas. The other two aren't bothering her so I haven't isolated her. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated!

I have Googled it and understand that that's probably what it is and have followed the frozen pea and aquarium salt advice. Just wondering if anyone else has any ideas.

Welcome to AA!!! Aq salt will not help with buoyancy issues and will likely make the situation worse. If there is aq salt in the tank, please work on doing some water changes to remove it as soon as possible.

What are your exact numbers for ammonia, nitrite, nitrate & ph? What are you using to test (liquid or strips)? What is your water change schedule (%/#wk)? What were you feeding them (brand/type of food, other foods) prior to happening? How long have you had this fish & your other fish? Does the fish in question have any other symptoms (bloating, red spots or streaks in body/fins/tail, strange waste, heavy/rapid breathing, etc)? The more info you can provide, the better we can help! :)

Back
Top Bottom