Upside down catfish unwell?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

blackmoor311

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello aquariuminers,
I have recently got a new upside down catfish for petco, yes I know they are very bad with animals but they are the only place by me that gives refunds for dead fish... So anyway, I don't know what species of upside down catfish it is but it has not eaten, or moved from the place it swan to after I acclimated it. It sat in the bag for 20 mins before it entered the tank. It is living with a female platy, a male gourami, 3 scissortail tetras and 2 first pinky link size platy fry. I am using a tetramin whisper filter with a pf of 10. All of the fish are in a 10 gallon tank. As for food I feed them tetramin flakes and some crunched up gammarus and as an occasional treat, frozen brine shrimp. I know the catfish is nocturnal, I have tried feeding it at night but to no avail. Wow I writ e a lot, at least the info is necessary. Ok so I don't know if he is sick or not right for this tank. Any info will help! Oh and there is one thumb sized golden snail in the tank too. Thanks again!!!!!ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1393284656.447557.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1393284708.388649.jpg he stays by the heater constantly, the tank is at a good 82 degrees

Sorry I forgot to add, I have not done a water change since I introduced him and all the parameters are normal

Back
Top Bottom