Upside Down Catfish white spots like salt

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JenelleAubade

Aquarium Advice Newbie
1~What type of fish is afflicted? In addition, please describe what is wrong with the fish to the best of your ability (i.e. cotton like growth, bloated, etc.).
>an upside down catfish, 8-9 years old, with white spots that look like they are boring into her skin. Slowly spreading over last couple of years, Used melafix, no help. These are not cottony or wispy but hard looking and indented into her skin.

2~What are your tank parameters (ammonia, nitrites, nitrates, temp, pH)? Please give exact values.
I am sorry I don't have the info :/ It is her and one other fish in the tank (that is a burrower and I rarely see- loach) 22 gallon tank, 76-78 degrees.

3~ How large is the tank? How long has the tank been set up?
about 4 years, since we moved

4~What type of filtration are you using? Please give the name and number (i.e. Fluval 304) and amount of gph if known.
Fluval® Underwater Filter, 20-40 gallon

5~How many fish are in the tank? What kinds of fish are they and what are their current sizes?
>2, a Loach 5 years old 3-4 inches long, and our Kittyfish who is 8-9 or more years old and a good 6 or more inches long.

6~When is the last time you did a water change and vacuum the gravel? How often do you do this? How much water do you remove at a time?
> we vacuum the gravel and do a partial water change one a week.

8~Have you added anything new to the tank--decor, new dechlorinator, new substrate, etc.?
>no, nothing, want to but afraid to mess up the tank :/

9~What kind of food have you been feeding your fish, have you changed their diet recently?

> Always give her Hikari Sinking Wafers
> Would love to know what else I can give her to eat! Peas? Greens?

img_2735961_0_09706702b3605b6030372aec0c362068.jpg

Back
Top Bottom