urgent fish droping dead

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

xxwolfpackof1xx

Aquarium Advice Addict
ny fish are droping dead i just did a 20-30%pwc yesterday and my snail chineas alge eater and dalmation mmolly droped dead is the temmp to high its currd tly at 84 too fight off ich pleasr help

Sent from my Vortex using Aquarium

If you've raised the temperature do you have enough surface disruption for enough oxygen? Keep doing changes I'd say!

Yaxley said:
If you've raised the temperature do you have enough surface disruption for enough oxygen? Keep doing changes I'd say!

yeah i got a 4 inch round airstone it looks as if there bodies were ravaged by ich the remaning fish show no sighns at all but neithee did the Dalmatian molly

what are your water parameters? Did you temp match your pwc water when you did a pwc? It's quite possible that they died due to ich, but without knowing the water parameters, it's impossible to say.

mfdrookie516 said:
what are your water parameters? Did you temp match your pwc water when you did a pwc? It's quite possible that they died due to ich, but without knowing the water parameters, it's impossible to say.

i dont have any strips left ik strips arent even reliabble but there all i could afford n the temp was within +-2 degree of the original temp i really want to save me fire dg and the four neon tetra n also my last molly

You need to get a liquid test kit asap. For the time being, I would suggest daily 50% pwc's to be on the safe side. Make sure you're doing a thorough gravel vac as well.

mfdrookie516 said:
You need to get a liquid test kit asap. For the time being, I would suggest daily 50% pwc's to be on the safe side. Make sure you're doing a thorough gravel vac as well.

i dont have the 30 dollars to buy it oh the pitty of being 14

First, do a 50%+ treated, temp matched water change.

Wait one day and do another.

Repeat until fish stop dieing. There is a basic level of commitment that needs to bet met to properly keep any animals (time and money). If keeping fish appropriately is not within your budget, maybe fish aren't right, right now.

HN1 said:
First, do a 50%+ treated, temp matched water change.

Wait one day and do another.

Repeat until fish stop dieing. There is a basic level of commitment that needs to bet met to properly keep any animals (time and money). If keeping fish appropriately is not within your budget, maybe gerbils would work for a few years.

i normaly have the money to buy everything i need but my leo gecko needed some urgent treatment and im down on money but the commenment is there trust me

Gotcha. I don't mean to make assumptions. Sorry for that. The good news is that Prime is cheap and all you need besides that commitment. If you are ready to do some work with daily water changes for awhile, you can have a healthy (low cost) tank in no time.

BTW- flexible tubing is available at most hardware stores for a much lower price than the gravel vacs. ;)

HN1 said:
Gotcha. I don't mean to make assumptions. Sorry for that. The good news is that Prime is cheap and all you need besides that commitment. If you are ready to do some work with daily water changes for awhile, you can have a healthy (low cost) tank in no time.

BTW- flexible tubing is available at most hardware stores for a much lower price than the gravel vacs. ;)

haha no harm done im open to any suggestions. and i wish i knew that before i bought that gravel vac back in nov

Also, test kits aren't too expensive online. I got an API master test kit for only $17 from fosterandsmithaquatics.com. they've got $8.99 shipping for entire order regardless of size. Or try Amazon.com

Back
Top Bottom