Urgent help - Ich?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Update: both orandas are doing better and black color is changing to orange again. Also, the ragged edges are smoothing out. Thanks everyone for your advice and time. I'll keep you posted on developments.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

So what was the end result? I read through but didn't get a clear picture on what was done. I have a German Blue Ram with similar spots. I think it's ICH and I am heat treating, but looking for other potential issues if heat does not work.

I initially added .3% salt, temp 80f+ and paraguard. Nothing changed and it spreads a little to another fish as well. Later I stopped paraguard, increased the temp to 86f and doubled the salt to .6%. I maintained this for about a week and slowly reduced to normal conditions. Temp to room temp and salt to just 1 tsp per gallon. Currently they are gaining back the original color. I need to mention at no point they seem to be sick or not eating.

Ok great, I am working on getting my aquarium slowly to 86. I will add salt tonight, but I have some plants so I was concerned. I will add less then what is recommended with the salt based on my research. Glad to see everything worked out end the end.

Good luck with that, let me know if I can be of any help.

Appreciate that, tank is at 84 now. I will have it at 86 at the end of the day. I will apply the salt, then I will give it a week.

Back
Top Bottom