Urgent help needed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ladystacy

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi guys, so my fish have white spot! I have treated them with interpret anti white spot! I have completed the two courses of treatment without my filter in I am now on day 7 of no filter and whilst my fish look better they still have some white spots! I want to continue the meds however the instructions say continue after 7 days... Not very clear so can I put my filter back in for seven days then treat or can I continue to treat in a few days? I'm worried if I leave them a week it will get worse also the amonia in my tank is rising and the tank it's looking dirty! The fish appear well and it has not spread to my other fish :) thanks in advance

It's probably ick..Crank the heat up to about 84 deg. F-28.8 deg C..Heat kills ick.

I have turned up the heat and used meds? Any advise on re treating? Or putting the filter back in? :) thanks x

I had ich in my tank..I just treated once left the filter out for like 24 hours and turned the heat up..All of my fish except one survived..I never did retreat it..Ich can be caused by stressful situations as in rapid changes in water temps etc...Like I said, with my exp I just treated once and turned the heat up...I am no expert though, someone else may have better advice.

thanks for your help I'll have to persevere and possibly re treat them! Really don't want them to die :(

Well if you caught it early enough they have a good chance of recovering I'd say..I think the one that died was the first one that got it and I waited till the others got it, because I didn't know what it was...Live and learn I guess lol

Back
Top Bottom