Urgent help plsssss

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishbie

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
My female sunburst platy pooped out red stringy worm-like thing,about 1 to 1.5cm twice today evening (i was not watching it all the time,but i did find a similar red string like thing when i was cleaning the gravel 2 days back,i thought it must be fecal matter or something). I m very alarmed now that i saw it live coming from behind the anal fin of my platy. I googled and found that my fish could be affected by worms..My friend still says it could be because of the color enhancer flakes that i m giving my fish...i now dont know what to believe..i m really sorry if i was gross,but i m very alarmed and confused right now,so if anyone can pls pls help me with info about what it is,how this happened and what i can do to stop this (if it is bad),i would be very very grateful..it is not very active.
Details about my tank-
10 gallon
aqua-tech 5-15 filter
heater
2 female platys and 3 glofish,i did not buy any male platys coz i did not want any fries
Parameters,as of today evening-
Amm- zero
Nitrites-zero
Nitrates-less than 10ppm
ph-7.3
I would very much appreciate quick and detailed replies,thanks in advance..
PS: She looks healthy,swims normally(not as active as the danios,but i think she is pretty ok for a platy..i ve seen platys are always kinda slow) I bought her exactly a week before(14th of july) and she has become a bit fatter than she was when i bought her..i feed them tetracolor tropical flakes and i do a 30% pwc twice every week

Back
Top Bottom