Urgent please help asap!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

_skyla_

Aquarium Advice Addict
I just noticed one of my pandas with a cloudy eye and a white fungus like growth all over his sides and around his eye it seems sore and red aswell :( I've been using melafix and primafix as I noticed my german blue ram before this about a week ago had very small white/red bumps on his fins and wasn't eating. What can I do he's doesn't look like he can hold out much longer :(
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/members/65790-albums11676.html

There's pics of Marley my gbr and my panda in the link above. Marley has the redish bumps on his dorsal fin.

Sounds like a water quality issue. What are your parameters?

it's odd that the medication isn't helping. if you have carbon in your filters, did you remove it before treating?

Sounds like a water quality issue. What are your parameters?

it's odd that the medication isn't helping. if you have carbon in your filters, did you remove it before treating?

It can't be that I just added An extra canister filter and before that I was doing 50% water changes every 4 days. Params are always 0 ammo 0 nitrite and only a slight trace of nitrates sometime s 0 since its a planted tank. No carbon. Ill do a 50% water change now anyway I just don't know :( poor babies

if you change your water that much, then it shouldn't be the water...
Is the little guy getting bullied by someone that you have noticed? has he run into any of the decor that might have done it?
When you're doing with the medications, are you following the water change schedule that is recommended for the medication? I know you're supposed to wait a day or two while you are treating before doing water changes.

Sorry I can't be of more help

if you change your water that much, then it shouldn't be the water...
Is the little guy getting bullied by someone that you have noticed? has he run into any of the decor that might have done it?
When you're doing with the medications, are you following the water change schedule that is recommended for the medication? I know you're supposed to wait a day or two while you are treating before doing water changes.

Sorry I can't be of more help

Not that I can tell he's not I'm can't be 100% sure though. Yeah I'm pretty OCD with my water changes haha. It could have been from an injury that provoked the disease but like I said I wouldn't know I didn't see anything like that. But them Marleys sick too, yeah I do the water changes before I add the meds. No thank you I appreciate your help :)

I'm not too sure about other medications for treating your guys. Maybe someone else will chime in with some ideas. The only things I could prescribe are clean water and time, at this point.

I'm not too sure about other medications for treating your guys. Maybe someone else will chime in with some ideas. The only things I could prescribe are clean water and time, at this point.

The little panda didn't make it :( Marleys still hanging on.

Sorry to hear about your fish skyla:(

Thank you,I love all my fish but I was very attached to little Marley, my partner was sad about it too he was a special little guy. I haven't told my son yet he gets upset. I buried him under my rose bush.

Thank you,I love all my fish but I was very attached to little Marley, my partner was sad about it too he was a special little guy. I haven't told my son yet he gets upset. I buried him under my rose bush.

I get too attached to my fish, nothing worse than losing one you really liked. It's sweet you buried him. Hope your other fish keep ok.

I know it's horrible :( well at least he's not in pain anymore. I will get another GBR male eventuality when the tank is drama free and the plants grow some more. Oh and up the panda school again this time to 6 later.

Ahhh so frustrated I noticed some white fungus on some of the other cories and a little but starting on my angels mouth. I just did a 50% water change yesterday. I just added melafix,pimafix and some aquarium aquarium salt. I don't get it the water params are perfect :/ there's something contagious going on.

Skyla how's your fish keeping?

I haven't lost anymore yet fingers crossed! There's still some white growth and small cottony strings on my angel and the corys. The angels is on it's mouth still. I'm up to day four of dosing melafix and pimafix I'm doing the 7 days the bottle suggests. So big 50% water change in three days and see how they are. Thanks for asking :)

Back
Top Bottom