URGENT! Strange behavior in guppy, bully molly

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bubbleguppy

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I want help on the matter because it is urgent. My oldest guppy is acting strange, have had her for a while and she has never acted like this before. My tank is a 2.5 gallon and my filter is an API 10 superclean. I am attaching a photo, she keeps going up to the filter like this, when I move the filter she swims away but will not leave the top of the tank, this is her third time doing this, the first time i thought her fin got stuck. This molly who is in the tank with her proves to be a bully to the other fish along with her, will not stop nipping at her fins and body and terrorizing her. I am in a bit of a panic, and I am extremely disheveled. If you know what could be wrong please tell me.
Update: she is now leant against a decoration ,she is swimming oddly around the tank, her body is leaning as if she is soon to die , but holding onto life
please help as soon as possible
9_FC023_A4_E0_BEE1594_A82_AFBF5_F566_F8_ECD5497_B3_E3157_AF28_E_pimgpsh_fullsize_distr.jpg

How old is the guppy ? What are you water parameters?
Ammonia
Nitrite
Nitrate
Ph
Other fish bully weaker fish the guppy in the pic looks grim it could be old age.

Im sorry to say she has passed. But I would like to know if any of you have any ideas as to what had killed her ? I am thinking Swim bladder but I am not so sure, and she was acting normal for the entire day.

Thank you but she has passed. I don't have my water parameters currently, I have had the guppy for a year and I do not know how old she was when I had first got her.

If you have a net catch the bully in the net and leave it in the net in the tank for awhile to give the other fish a break.

Water needs to be checked to see where it is at.

Sorry to hear about the fish, it did look grim but it happens to everyone, I would invest in a water test kit as it's probably the most important part in fish keeping, whenever you see a problem the very first thing everyone should do or did do is check their water parameters as poor water quality leads to many deaths.

Api freshwater master liquid test kit is what I would recommend

What kind of fish and how many are in the tank? 2.5 gallons is much too small for a molly so that's probably why you are having aggression issues. Also how often do you change the water and how do you clean the filter?

Yes that is a very good suggestion, I have been looking into getting a testing kit as quickly as possible, thank you for your help.

Buy a 10 gallon tank and plant/decorate it. You probably wont have these problems

Back
Top Bottom