Urgent. Two fish dead worried about the rest

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So my filter cartrage is probably about a month old you cannot remove the carbon from the filter is that carbon no longer active will it be fine keeping the cartrage in ? I assume I can't remove all the media and keep my cycle

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

And I just want to say you guys rock super helpful! Thanks all of you I will start the other meds as soon as I can and hope to save atleast a couple fish!

What kind of filter? I'm guessing that the carbon will be inert after 1 month yes. Some people say it is inert after a week or 2. For the other question we need more filter info.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

It's the penguin 400 bio wheel I believe is the colony in the wheels too?

Theoretically yes the bb is in the biowheel. My mother uses the Marineland filters and the biowheels don't always rotate. So there has to be bb in the filter on the walls and such but whether it holds much is very debated. You could just pull the cartridges out and leave the biowheel running.

Really you could just get poly-fil from a craft store and stuff the filter with that to filter out particles for now. Just make sure it's polyester and not cotton.

Alright I can't believe how helpful u guys are I went to a few Lfs and no one knew what happened one even told me it was just dry skin lol ..

To some people it's just a job. People who know a lot probably make more money keeping and selling fish and plants as a hobby than the lfs store employees are paid.

Ain't that the truth well thank you guys I will keep you updated on the last of my fish <3

Okay every it's been 3 days of fungus meds and 2 days of the bacterial meds I'm changing the water tomm and adding carbon because nitrates were very high not sure why I haven't been feeding it was at 80 ppm nitrite was still at 0 so it did not recycle.. Everyone is still alive and no outward signs of the sickness on the remaining guys, they do seem stressed and lethargic which I assume is the nitrate

So far so good I guess I think they are going to make it any further suggestions or advice is it too soon to assume they are healthy?

All my fish are still alive and it's been long enough to to assume they are pretty healthy thank you everyone who contributed and helped me out !

All my fish are still alive and it's been long enough to to assume they are pretty healthy thank you everyone who contributed and helped me out !

Glad they are better!

Caleb

Back
Top Bottom