Using Protozin - Noob

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dandrea86

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi all
I have recently spotted what i believe to be the early stages of Ich and so have begun treatment with Protozin. Having spoken to various aquatic centres for advice, i am baffled. First centre advised me to just follow recommendations which i have done. Removed all carbon from Fluval 406 external and calculated dosages. Another centre then advised me to remove all media apart from my foam which has confused me. He also advised to dip my fish in higher dosage solution which apparently causes the Ich to just "fall" off. Any advice and suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Welcome to AA!!!

Carbon should be removed as it will remove most meds (not all though) but you need to leave the rest of your filter media in place. I strongly advise that you do not give your fish a bath in this stuff. It will not make ich cysts fall off and will likely poison your fish as the mix of ingredients in Protozin are pretty harsh. Ich can only be addressed with meds when it is in the free swimming stage.

What type of fish are trying to treat? Tank size? Parameters? Do you have any inverts (snails, shrimp, etc)? Some more info will help us to help you better!

Back
Top Bottom