using salt as a treatment

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ive been using hagen/ nutrafin aqua plus conditioner, says it removes cholrine and chloramine and neutralise metals. ive heard seachems is better but the price is well over the odds at my lfs. my plants were doing well untill recently when i tried to trim and replant part of my anubia,i keep adding plant food and its recovering slowly but im half expecting them to die now after adding the salt but ill jus see how it goes

lornajane89 said:
Hi guys.. my tanks not goin too well at the min, a fish is either dead or dying quite regularily, ive had a variety of symptoms diagnosed and several different conclusions, the only things ive not tried is regular use of aquarium salts.

im think ing of giving it a go, could anybody tell me if ill have a problem with any of the species in there, ive got:

Loaches
Cories
swordtails
rainbow cichlids
dwarf gourami
leopard frog plecko

ive looked online but the info is quite contradictory

thanks for any info

I had ick and the salt helped and I had the same fish you have I would try it

You should try it I have the same fish and I had ick and that helped it

Last edited by a moderator:
Good deal! Check those other levels ammonia and nitrate. Your on the path to recovery!!

Hopefully.. The lump on my sword tail has gone hes just got a hole in his head now... Poor guy.. Gonna do some more research on thus h.i.t.h disease.... Summat definatley isnt right in there my ammonia is always 0ppm my nitrates do creep up pretty quick but weekly 50% pwcs keeps its down... I think im gonna look into some other tests that im not doing my nitrates nitites and ammonia are always fine but theres always somethin goin wrong in there.

Back
Top Bottom